With a new year comes a new blog.
2012 was crazy exciting. So many new people, places and experiences. My new years resolution last January was to be more present. Live in the moment, not in the wish of being somewhere else. Might have been the best resolution I've ever made and probably the only one I've ever kept!
Here's a look at the top 12 highlights of 2012.
1. January 29, 2012 I built a kitchen table. First thing I've ever built in my life. (Shout out to the wonderful Melissa Lyttle. I couldn't have done it without her challenge and help!) "Tell me I can't."
3. May 11, 2012 My students placed first at the EMA's for their documentary video "Fighting Chance."
4. July 9, 2012 First day of The W.H.Y. Project camp #WHYTB. 15 students in 12 days created 5 multimedia stories form idea to final videos. So proud. (Photos by Trentin Shreeve, Will Vragovic, Ben Corda and Carolina Hidalgo)
5. August 10, 2012 College girls week in L.A. I truly have the best friends possible. (And of course the lovely Zach showed his face a time or too!)
6. August 20, 2012 Accepted a job as a photo editor with the San Francisco Chronicle and decided to make the bucket list trip of driving cross country. Just me and my VW heading into the unknown. #StPeteToSanFran
7. September 1, 2012 Arrived in my new home of San Fransisco. An awesome city with amazing friends.
8. September 16, 2012 First of many 49ers games at Candlestick for The Chronicle.
9. October 24, 2012 Covered my first world series. Go Giants.
10. November 22, 2012 Hosted Thanksgiving dinner in SF.
11. December 8, 2012 Participated in my 5th Help Portrait event. 5 years, 3 states. This dream is much bigger than any one of the photographers involved, proud to say I've been a part since the beginning.
12. December 20, 2012 Flew to Connecticut to cover the Sandy Hook Elementary School Tragedy. Such a honor to be asked to help photo edit the Hearst CT papers.